APL Security Services
APL now also offer security personnel to airport authorities across the country. The inspection, monitoring and screening of passengers is a vital part in ensuring safety is maintained. The duties of a security officer vary from checking I.D and travel documents, patrolling the airport, minimizing potential risks and excellent customer service.
If you require security staff for your airport, please contact one of our Consultants at Airport Placements 0844 8008 747
Our carefully selected Security Officers need to be very observant, have full-colour vision, and have excellent concentration and object recognition. Physical condition is also important to reach up and bend down during body searches, lift hand luggage and remain standing for prolonged periods of time.
Aside from physical abilities, our Security Officer will be expected to have good communication skills including the ability to read, understand, write and speak fluent English, be honest, polite and decisive to maximise the effectiveness of the team.
In accordance with minimum DFT requirements, all Security Officers undergo strict referencing, criminal records checks and background checks before commencing their duties.
Your work may involve:
- working in a reception area of an organisation, checking people in and out
- walking around a site, often at night, looking out for problems
- monitoring closed-circuit television (CCTV) screens in a control room
- dealing with emergencies
- writing incident reports.
Security officers usually work shifts, often over a seven-day week. Overtime may be available and there are opportunities to work part time.
Applicants take a two-part training course and need to pass two exams, although people with previous experience and qualifications may be exempt. Before applying for a license, an applicant needs one of these qualifications:
- EDI Level 2 Certificate for security guards.
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate for security guards
- BTEC Level 2 Award in security guarding
- National Open College Network (NOCN) Level 2 Award in security guarding.