Customer Service Assistant
Job Description :
Customer Service staff in an airport have a duty to look after passengers through any delays, cancellations, complaints or baggage issues. There is often an element of stress and pressure in a customer service role as their main responsibilities evolve around disputes and they must always have the motivation, knowledge and skills to competently respond to and solve these disputes effectively.
Duties Include :
- Dealing with complaints in a calm manner
- Dealing with any delays and cancellations efficiently
- Announcements over the Airport Public Address System
- Organisation of services and publications
- Develop and review customer relations policies, programs and procedures
- Works well as a team
- Positive attitude whilst under pressure
- Presentable, polite and friendly
- Patient and calm
A good general education is required, with many employers requiring at least two to four GCSEs (A*-C) preferably including Maths and English. A Customer Service NVQ level 2 or 3 is also favourable.
Shifts covering a 24 hour operation are required, including early morning, late nights, weekends and bank holidays. The shifts often cover a 37 hour period, 5 days a week.
There is a possibility of progression to managerial roles in Customer Service.