Passenger Service Agent
As a Passenger Service Agent you will be responsible for a professional and courtesies check-in services dealing with passengers and their baggage traveling through the airport. Being the face of the company a high level of customer service is required at all times. The roles based at the airport will require you to carry out duties both at the check-in desk and boarding gates
- Greeting and checking passenger documentation.
- To check passengers in using a computer based system, issuing boarding cards and baggage labels
- Process passengers at the boarding gate
- Apply airline regulations which may involve charging excess baggage or upselling
- Adhere and apply strict security and safety regulations
- Effectively assist passengers with their experience travelling through the airport
What you need:
- Great customer service
- Working and deal with pressurised situations
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Prepared to cover a 24 hour operation 7 days a week
- Be a team player
- Work to tight deadlines
- Communication skills
- Follow and act on instructions
Entry requirements vary between Employers. They usually ask for education to GCSE level (or equivalent) including English and Maths. Employers look for experience of customer service work, and it is also an advantage to be able to speak one or more foreign languages. Some people may enter this work as an apprentice.
Working hours can vary from 20 - 25 hours per week but flexibility will be required to cover overtime or flight delays. The shifts will include covering a 24 hour operation seven days a week with minimum shifts being 4 hours and maximum shifts 12 hours.
- Passenger Service Agents receive training for their role.
- May work towards qualifications in passenger handling and aviation operations.
- Could progress to Passenger Service Supervisor/Senior Passenger Service Agent, or to other airport and airline operational work.
- Some Passenger Service Agent work as a step towards work as Cabin Crew.