Retail - Sales Assistants
Job Description :
Assisting with all aspects of retail sales within the Airport Environment.
- Advise customers on the location, selection, price, delivery, use and care of goods available from the store, with the aim of encouraging them to buy and return with the intention to buy in the future.
- Operate cash registers and accept payment, or prepare finance arrangements (e.g invoices and contracts).
- Take special orders for items not currently in stock, or not normally stocked, and notify customers when the items have arrived.
- Package goods for customers and arrange delivery.
- Price, stack and display items for sale, and keep the store tidy and attractive.
- Be aware of health, safety and welfare issues and practices.
- Participate in stock taking (counting and describing the goods in stock).
- Arrange for the repair of damaged goods, or advise on needed repairs.
- Order Items.
- Be pleasant, helpful and confident.
- Obtain Customer Service Skills.
- Enjoy dealing with the general public.
- Shifts may include early mornings, days, evenings, weekends and bank holidays, dependent on the client you are placed with.
- Seasonal work may be available, due to large increases in the number of travellers in busy holiday periods.
Personal Qualities :
Entry requirements vary between Employers. However, all employers usually request a GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English.
May progress into managerial Positions after several years´ experience.